LIFE+ is the EU’s financial instrument supporting environmental and nature conservation projects throughout the EU, as well as in some candidate, acceding and neighbouring countries. In total, since 1992, the LIFE program has co-financed 2750 projects spending 1.36€ billion covering 40 countries and territories. The total estimated cost of projects to which LIFE contributed financially represents a huge environmental investment in Europe and neighbouring states.
LIFE+, the new Financial instrument for the Environment, has entered into force with the publication of the Regulation in the Official Journal L149 of 9 June 2007. With a budget of €2.143 billion (for the period 2007-2013), LIFE+ is alimited but focused funding instrument providing specific support for the development and implementation of Community environmental policy and legislation, in particular the objectives of the 6th EAP (Decision 1600/200/EC) and resulting thematic strategies.
IT COMPRISES THREE COMPONENTS:
• LIFE+ Nature & Biodiversity
• LIFE+ Environment Policy & Governance
• LIFE+ Information and Communication
OTHER LIFE+ PROJECTS:
• WATER CHANGE: http://www.life-waterchange.eu/
• BIOCELL: http://www.life-biocell.eu/
• ENSAT: http://www.life-ensat.eu/
• UFTEC: http://www.life-uftec.eu/
• AQUATIK: http://www.life-aquatik.eu/
• AQUAENVEC: http://www.life-aquaenvec.eu/